These marshmallow pops. So cute. Ollie and Nate would both love these. I might make these for Ollie’s birthday in June.
White Chocolate Rocky Road… with pistachios and dried fruit. Delicious and sort of perfect for the spring!
Rock Monsters! So cute. These ones have been turned into magnets. Aren’t they gorgeous. Ollie would have so much fun making these.
You must visit this site. As soon as we have a new printer I am going to print and construct these with Ollie. Not sure where we will display them yet… but we can figure that out afterwards. They are neat!
Kid friendly bird feeders. So easy and so effective!
Homemade crayons made using all the broken crayons in the house. I’ve wanted to do this for some time but I keep forgetting. We have a few fun shaped silicone ice cube trays we could use!
Shadow tracing. I love this idea and can’t wait to try it out when the SUN actually comes out! We are going to trace all sorts of shadows… even people shadows!
Make your very own I-spy book. Such a neat idea.
You can follow all of my Pinterest boards to see other ideas I’ve pinned. Linking up with Kelly’s Korner today.
We’re not getting much a summer here in wet Belfast, Northern Ireland. In fact… it seems to have rained for weeks solid. Not the most enjoyable few weeks for a little boy who is off school for a whole 2 months! As we’re not planning to go away this summer, Rookie Mums inspired me to write a rainy day ideas list… something I can keep handy so as not to run out of ideas and have things become boring for my boy.
- Have an indoor picnic with food that little one has helped prepare.
- Don’t just stay indoors… get your welly boots on and hunt down the puddles… splash!
- Make cheerio bird feeders.
- Print free colouring pages from the internet.
- Build a fort using chairs, blankets, sheets… we sometimes use his bunk beds as the base of the fort.
- Pop bubble wrap!
- Make playdough and have little one help… play with it afterwards using cutters and rolling pins etc.
- Make and play with oobleck.
- Paint with mud from outside.
- Get out the board games and jigsaws!
- Let your kid be a photographer for the day and upload his pictures for him to see.
- Play with marbles and make a marble run out of toilet paper tubes.
- Bake cookies or cake!
- Use toy cars to paint with… make tracks and see the different tracks different cars make…
- …and then have a car wash in the sink with lots of bubbles.
- Go to the Library.
- Go to the Museum.
- Write a letter to a penpal.
- Play hide and seek.
- Make a suncatcher.
- Bake cupcakes and have little one decorate them himself.
- Make a storybook together and have him draw the pictures.
- Make paper airplanes and toss from the top of the stairs.
- Have him paint a huge canvas to display in the house.
- Make mugcake!
- Make a Christmas list using pictures cut out of catalogues.
- Read books.
- Play with stickers.
- Crayon bowling.
- Make pasta jewellery.
- Have a dance party in the living room.
- Make lava bottles.
- Play dress-up.
- Build an obstacle course inside.
- Have a talent show.
- Recycle old crayons into new ones!
- Play with coloured ice cubes in the bath.
- Make grass heads!
- Turn a laundry basket into a boat.
- Add googly eyes to family photos.
- Make a sensory tub.
- Paint with gloop.
- Create thumbprint pictures.
- Make a time capsule.
- Make smores.
- Make ice lollies.
- Have a movie marathon and bring out the popcorn etc.
- Paint rocks.
- Make lego cards for him to copy and build.
- Mix concoctions!
Ollie and I spent Friday making Rock Monsters. We used rocks that we picked up on our way home from a walk…. got out the goggly eyes, foam shapes, tiny pom poms and glue…. and I let him get on with it. He turned out the cutest little rock monster family and it really proud of them. He even gave them all names. Aren’t they cute?
|Everything laid out ready to go!
|Ollie’s delight at the goggly eyes!
|Having fun with the glue!